THE TRUE MEANING OF COMMITMENT

Only two defining forces have ever committed to die for you:
Jesus Christ for your soul and
The American G.I. for your freedom.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Starbrights Sans - Filter


I have learned by study of Digital Photography Vol 3 by Scott Kelby that you do not have to spend money for a specialized filter that will turn dusk and nighttime photos into "Starbrights". He recommends setting your aperture to f22. My ISO was set to 200 as recommended by Nikon.

I experimented this morning by setting the Nikon D90 to aperture priority and snapping photos off our deck looking due east at the Blue Ridge Mountains as the sun started to rise over the ridge. I placed the focus point directly on the rising sun and noted the shutter speed was at least 1/20 of a second.


A little editing in Camera Raw and some additional tweaking in PSCS4 resulted in the photo. Click on the image to fill your screen.

No comments: