Dr. David Johnson and I went "birding" this past Friday. It was a long arduous journey that eventually got us to the Blue Ridge Parkway with a pit stop at Mt Mitchell (about 6200 ft +). Last year David agreed to help me photograph our church by providing his pickup truck bed for my tripod.
If you look at my earlier posts you will find my first attempt at HDR for the our church gave the church a Star Wars look -- that was not well received by one of my favorite upper echelon parishioners. Only 80% of those reviewing way-out HDR extremes like it -- the other 20% do not find it appealing at all and my favorite parishioner especially did not find it appealing.
My hope is that this photograph will assist her to forgive me my transgressions.
Friday was a warm sunny day and since David and I did not find any appealing photogenic birds, we decided to attempt another HDR photo-shoot of St Thomas. This, of course, was after descending the Blue Ridge Highway via Hwy 80 where we stopped to have lunch at Hillbilly Ted's (Highly recommended) besto.
Don't forget to click once and sometimes twice to view the new HDR depiction of St Thomas in Burnsville, NC.
Albert’s lost secret revealed. What is the one thing that can travel faster than light? - The time has come, as the Walrus never said, to think of many things: of light and life and quantum cats, of planets and their rings and why the sun can ...
10 years ago